When People ran this wedding portrait of Jessica Simpson, you could just feel brides-to-be everywhere swooning over her hair. It’s romantic, glamorous, modern, and unique—pretty much everything that lots of brides look for in a wedding hairstyle.
So what are the secrets of this hair look? We got a how-to from Graziella Lembo, senior stylist at the very chic SalonCapri in Boston, who created this copycat version of Jessica’s hairstyle (which she’s calling “the princess pull-back”).
Here’s exactly how this Jessica Simpson-inspired hairstyle was created:
1. Grab 1-inch sections of hair and curl with a 1.5-inch curling iron. Mist with Kerastase Laque Noire hairspray for strong hold.
2. Gather two 2-inch sections of hair at the crown, one in the front and one in the very center of the head.
3. Tease the center section lightly with a comb until you achieve your desired fullness. Smooth the front section gently over the teased area.
3. Twist the ends of the two sections together and secure with bobby pins at the back of your head.
4. Gently brush through your curls to loosen them up. Finish the look by lightly misting on L’Oreal Professional Perfect Shimmer Shine Illuminating Mist for shine and non-sticky hold.