Unlike scores of other celebrity clothing lines, which tend to fizzle out after a few years, Jessica Simpson Collection has been a mainstay for years. It’s a go-to for fun pumps that pop, girly dresses and even fragrance.
-Jessica Simpson Collection had its early beginnings as a collaboration with Vince Camuto, the founder of Nine West. (Any of those major names sound familiar?) Camuto is responsible for much of the brand’s success.
– The list of now-defunct celeb clothing lines is long, and Jessica Simpson Collection is often cited as one of the few successful celebrity transitions into fashion. (Among others such as the Olsen Twins’ line The Row and Victoria Beckham’s namesake line.)
– The brand started with cowboy boots ($138.60), which still happen to be one of its best-selling pieces today.
– While Simpson herself isn’t directly involved in the creative process, both she (and her mother!) sign off on every piece created
– Unlike many other big names in fashion, the Jessica Simpson Collection has plenty of pieces in the plus size range
– The line is making major bank – $1 billion a year in sales to be exact, making it the top selling celebrity clothing brand.
-Jessica Simpson Collection has also made a foray into home decor
– If you’re too impatient to wait for shipping from the Jessica Simpson Collection website, you’re in luck – the line is sold in Lord & Taylor, Macy’s, Belk, Dillard’s and even Amazon.
– Up next for the line? Brick-and-mortar stores are currently in the works, and the brand hopes to debut them sometime next year.
– Simpson has said that she believes the brand has been so successful because of her ability to understand real women of different sizes, as she herself has been a range of sizes throughout her lifetime.